Global Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2021-2027
DUBLIN, July 20, 2021 / PRNewswire / – “Virtual Private Network (VPN) – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market To Reach $ 107.6 billion by 2027
In the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, the global virtual private network (VPN) market is estimated to be US $ 35.4 billion in 2020, is expected to reach a revised size of 107.6 billion US dollars by 2027, with a CAGR of 17.2% over the analysis period 2020-2027.
Multiprotocol label switching, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is expected to register a CAGR and reach of 19.1% US $ 57.3 billion at the end of the analysis period. After an initial analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and the induced economic crisis, the growth of the Cloud segment is readjusted to a revised CAGR of 16.5% for the next 7-year period.
The US market is estimated at $ 12.1 billion, while China is expected to grow at 18.2% CAGR
The United States Virtual Private Network (VPN) market is estimated at US $ 12.1 billion in the year 2020. China, the world’s second-largest economy, is expected to reach a projected market size of US $ 14.5 billion by 2027, with a CAGR of 18.2% over the analysis period of 2020 to 2027. Other notable geographies include Japan and Canada, each forecasts growth of 15.2% and 16.1% respectively over the period 2020-2027. In Europe, Germany is expected to grow by about 15.2% CAGR.
The IP segment will register a CAGR of 15.2%
In the global IP segment, United States, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will lead to the estimated 15.2% CAGR for this segment. These regional markets representing a combined market size of US $ 5.8 billion in 2020 will reach a projected size of US $ 15.6 billion before the end of the analysis period.
China will remain among the most dynamic of this group of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market of Asia Pacific should reach US $ 13.4 billion by 2027, while Latin America will increase at a CAGR of 15.3% throughout the analysis period.
Main topics covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- COVID-19 pandemic provides strong push for virtual private networks (VPNs)
- VPN adoption rises as COVID-19 pandemic leads to increase in remote working and WFM culture
- An introduction to virtual private network (VPN)
- Types of VPN
- Global Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market: Outlook and Prospect
- Hardware captures a significant share of the VPN market
- MPLS segment dominates the VPN market
- Large companies capture major market share
- Cloud VPN market: a growing segment
- BFSI: the main end-use segment
- Developed regions lead, developing economies will spearhead future growth
- Comparative review of the best virtual private networks
- Recent market activity
2. FOCUS ON CERTAIN PLAYERS (Total 115 featured)
- Array Networks, Inc.
- Avast Software sro
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- CyberGhost SRL
- Express VPN International Ltd.
- Golden Frog GmbH
- Google Inc.
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- NCP Engineering GmbH
- NetMotion software
- OpenVPN, Inc.
- Opera Norway AS
- Pango, Inc.
- Safer Social Ltd.
- TunnelBear, Inc.
- Watchguard Technologies, Inc.
3. MARKET TRENDS AND FACTORS
- Transforming the way users browse the internet, VPNs continue to gain importance for businesses and consumers
- VPN usage statistics: an overview
- Growing Threat of Cyber Attacks and Data Breaches Drives VPN Adoption
- Implementation of effective and highly critical security solutions to prevent hackers
- Internet opens series of online security issues, highlighting importance of secure network access
- VPN Rides the Wave of Transforming Workplace Standards
- As Video Conferencing and Web Conferencing Solutions Become Integrated With Communications Amid Pandemic, VPN Adoption Rises Among Businesses
- Rapid Growth of Media Streaming Services Drives Increased VPN Adoption
- VPN bypasses to drive adoption among private consumers
- With distance / online education becoming the norm in a world impacted by COVID-19, security and privacy benefits drive VPN adoption
- A look at popular VPNs for academic institutions
- The need for improved mobile security is driving the mobile VPN market
- Popular Android VPNs
- Cloud VPN market set to grow at a high rate
- Site-to-Site VPN Market Benefits from Rising Business Investments in Networking Solutions
- Benefits of anonymity and privacy drive consumer adoption of VPNs
- Small businesses poised to benefit from VPN adoption
- OpenVPN Access Server Facilitates Faster VPN Deployment
- Promise of Better Security Supports VPN Adoption in BFSI Industry
- Government Agencies Struggle With Legacy VPNs Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- VPN usage among healthcare and emergency service providers is on the rise
- Telecommunications industry uses VPN capabilities
- VPN restrictions, political censorship and regulations in some countries hamper market growth
- VPN has potential as a digital marketing tool
- The emergence of alternatives threatens the VPN
4. WORLD MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- VPN Use Rises During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Market Snapshot
- An overview of the major VPN providers in Japan
- from China Big firewall increases demand for VPN
- Hong Kong: Enactment of new national security law spurs interest in VPN services
- Mobile VPN is gaining ground
- Cloud migration and multi-site connectivity support demand for MPLS VPN solutions
- Competitive landscape
- An overview of some popular VPN services in Europe
REST OF EUROPE
- COVID-19 pandemic drives VPN adoption by India
- VPN standards relaxed for IT and ITeS companies amid coronavirus outbreak
- COVID-19 Pandemic and Internet Shutdowns Boost VPN Adoption
- Select popular VPN services from India
REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
REST OF LATIN AMERICA
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
REST OF MIDDLE EAST
- Total number of profiled companies: 115
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6t4g7m
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets